Saturday, February 5, 2011

Purpose

 Yesterday I bought yet another devotional book. This one is by Beth Moore, "Looking Up" Trusting God with your every need... I do have a desire to follow God but I have bad, lazy habits. This first devotion was about purpose. What do I feel my purpose in life is (I have no idea) and  what keeps me from pursuing a purpose filled life? Plain and simple it is thoughtlessness and old bad lazy habits. Someone once told me it is harder to get in to church than it is to get out of it.
 One thing as I thought of as I was reading Psalm 139 this morning was how that God has been there with me and for me through out every aspect of my life. I have not had a horrible life by no means, but there were some times I went through rough patches and He brought me through them, even though I was not living like I should have been. And I have had some great moments that I have thanked Him for, but I wonder if He believes me when He hears thank you.
 I can not count all the blessings He has given me, even within the last four years. Some of them include meeting and marrying Doc. I do love him with all my heart. Along with him I also got another daughter, son in law and two beautiful grandchildren.Those five people alone have brought me joy. And then I have a new son in law who is going to make a fine father and husband. But the newest blessing is laying beside me in bed as I write this. Austin Scott. He is beautiful and perfect and I can not imagine, how anyone can say there is no God.
 And just to think,God has every hair numbered and every thought already thought out and He knows now what this child will be and what great wonders he will accomplish in his life.

Thank you God, for every blessing, those we have witnessed and those to come, that you have bestowed upon us. We are yours and I ask you to cover us with your shield of protection and cover us with your love. Lead us in Your ways, teach us your ways and please, please, please be patient with us as we become what you want us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment