Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Just got the hankering to try blogging again and have been sitting here trying to remember what I forgot. It has been a long time since I sat here and there have been lots of changes in my life. 
We now have four grandsons, Cain, Austin, Jace and Silas and of course a granddaughter,Miss Eden Jade. It is still hard for me to think of myself as old enough to have grandchildren, although I am reaching that 50 mark in my life. But when I was their ages, Grandma and Grandpa Wooten were "old". Maybe that's why I have a problem thinking of myself as "old enough" to have them. But regardless, old enough or not, I do and I love them all more than any of them will ever know. I just wished life was not so busy that I miss time with them. They are growing up so fast and I do not like the fact that I have to work and not get to "just be there" with them on special events.
 My siblings and I have changed roles with Mom too, in the last few years. Mom's health is declining and her mind wonders more than it stays in one place. It is sad to think of her just sitting there in her little world (she knows who we are and functions well but she still thinks Bill Clinton is president, which that might would be a good thing...ok wont go there) but for the most part she is happy enough. Maybe happy is not the right word but she doesn't have to worry about anything. She doesn't know to worry about how she will pay bills, buy groceries or even know to wonder what is going to happen with politics and how bad this old world is turning in to. I am glad that she does not have those things to worry about.
 As I sit here trying to figure out what to put on here I am listening to FOX news and they are talking about the beheading in Oklahoma. I do not mind telling you that I am scared and I know things are going to get a lot worse for the United States. I know that but it still scares the dickens out of me for what we will have to go thru before Jesus comes back. Sometimes my heart just aches.
 I pray we are all ready when it happens but I see those around me that I know are not where they need to be. Sometimes I look at myself and feel like I am not ready.I know part of that is the devil putting fear in my life but I also know the Holy Spirit is there too, reminding me that we all need to be ready. That I need to be ready. Reminds me of a song I used to sing in church, by Ray Boltz, "Will you mention my name?" So in ending, if you are a Christian, when you pray, will you mention my name?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment